New Bedford Lighthouse
This small lighthouse bears a plaque showing it was built by the WPA in 1935-36. It no longer functions as a light house. Another more recent inscription shows it was “Relocated and Reconstructed” to its current location in Peter Francisco Memorial Square in 1982.
Project originally submitted by Lee Wright/The History List on June 21, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE