Among the Works Progress Administration (WPA) projects identified as completed in an El Paso Times article from June 7, 1936 was “Manufacture of Liberty Hall seat covers. $1528.”
“The El Paso County Courthouse and its accompanying Liberty Hall was a monumental Classical Revival structure built in 1915” and located at 500 East San Antonio Avenue. The building was demolished in 1988.
"WPA Finishes 53 Projects," El Paso Times, June 7, 1936 (pg. 13): https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/433234517/
https://trostsociety.org/buildings/el-paso-court-house-and-jail/ (accessed May 24, 2022)
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on May 24, 2022.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE