Lewis and Clark Monument
This stone monument, north of Big Lake Park, honors the expedition of Lewis & Clark in 1804 and their historic meeting with the Otoe and Missouri Indians. The WPA memorial was constructed in 1936 by artist Harry Edward Stinson.
www.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/manuscripts/MS260.pdf http://www.winfieldhistoricalsociety.com/stinsonsotheby%27s.htm http://www.lewisandclarktrail.com/section1/iowacities/CouncilBluffs/monumentpark.htm http://www.panoramio.com/photo/60968612
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE