Now the Anderson-Murphy Community Center. It is a 17,964 square foot building constructed in 1927. This building served as the National Guard Armory before being purchased by the City for use by the Parks & Recreation Department.
According to an index of WPA projects at the National Archives, the WPA improved and repaired the Laurel Armory in 1935.
National Archives, Record Group 69, “Microfilmed Index to WPA Projects.” http://www.cityoflaurel.org/facilities/laurel-armory-anderson-murphy-community-center
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee - wpatoday.org on June 5, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE