Lafayette County Courthouse
The Lafayette County Courthouse (built from 1940-1942) was funded 40% by the WPA (Arkansas Historic Preservation Program). It is in the Art Deco style typical of the period, which means it was more restrained than the earlier Art Deco style of architecture, prior to the depression. The architects were Clippard and Vaught.
Cornerstone; Arkansas Historic Preservation Program, www.arkansaspreservation.com
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on February 6, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE