La Tourette Golf Course
On May 7, 1936, the Department of Parks announced the opening of the newly constructed second nine and the reconstructed first nine at La Tourette Golf Course in Staten Island, which had been “thoroughly reconstructed with new tees and greens throughout…with relief funds provided by the C.W.A., T.E.R.A. and W.P.A.”
The course is still in use.
Department of Parks, Press Release, May 7, 1936 Record-Bee Community News, "Roosevelt's WPA a boon for sport of golf", June 19, 2009
Project originally submitted by Frank da Cruz on October 2, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE