Kilbourn House, Estabrook Park
“An unusual WPA project involved the relocation of the Kilbourntown house to Estabrook Park. The Greek Revival home was built by pioneer carpenter and master builder Benjamin Church for his family in the early settlement of Kilbourntown near North Fourth and Court Streets. The building was rescued from demolition and moved in four pieces and restored by the WPA in 1938.”
Laurie Muench Albano, Milwaukee County Parks (Arcadia Publishing) 2007.
Project originally submitted by Erin TerBeek on August 22, 2012.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE