U.S. Court House and Custom House, Mobile ALSource: National Archives, RG 121-BS, Box 2, Folder M
Built as the U.S. Court House and Custom House from 1932 to 1934, this building was Renamed the John Archibald Campbell United States Courthouse in 1981. A 1939-1940 New Deal construction project involved the extension of the building to the west.
https://www.gsa.gov/portal/ext/html/site/hb/category/25431/actionParameter/exploreByBuilding/buildingId/212 https://www.fjc.gov/history/courthouses.nsf/getcourthouse?OpenAgent&chid=1D5F015769EA5BD68525714F006A5499 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Archibald_Campbell_United_States_Courthouse
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on October 4, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE