J.P. Elder Annex, CWA Landscaping
J. P. Elder Middle School Annex (originally part of the North Fort Worth High School), was one of the school district’s existing schools that received landscaping by the CWA/WPA during the New Deal. At this school, a lengthy sandstone retaining wall and a terrace were constructed by the CWA in 1935. The terrace included a fountain that had three cast stone lion heads. The landscape features were designed by Hare and Hare and constructed under the supervision of the city’s park department.
Eight Decades of School Construction: Historic Resources of the Fort Worth Independent School District, 1892-1961. (2003).
Project originally submitted by Susan Kline on August 4, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE