IRS Building - Washington DC
In 1933, the Washington Post reported that $15,905 had been allotted to the Public Works Administration (PWA) for unspecified repairs to the Internal Revenue Service building, which had been completed in 1930.
The IRS building is part of the Federal Triangle area, a group of government buildings between Constitution and Pennsylvania Avenues, all built along neoclassical lines in the late 1920s and early 1930s.
“District gets $325,000 fund for building,” Washington Post, September 8, 1933, p. 22
"Internal Revenue Service Federal Building History," General Services Administration website.
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee - wpatoday.org on March 19, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE