"Meeting of the Original Directors of Clemson College"
An oil-on-canvas mural entitled “Meeting of the Original Directors of Clemson College” painted in 1941 by John Carroll and originally hung in the Clemson Post Office (now Mell Hall) downtown. It now hangs in Hardin Hall on the Campus of Clemson University.” (flickr)
This mural shows the grim group of men who started Clemson Agricultural College — originally an all-white male military school — now called Clemson University.
http://www.wpamurals.com/scarolin.htm http://www.flickr.com/photos/auvet/148984082/ http://www.newdealartregistry.org/
Project originally submitted by Claire Stringer on February 7, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE