Fort Griffin Texas Restored Bakery
The 3803 Junior White Company was established in Texas Jan. 5, 1938. They worked for 18 months prior to the program ending to build the park’s campground, roads, and partial reconstruction of the fort. The fort’s bakery was one of the buildings reconstructed. The camp was abandoned in 1941 due to World War II.
"The CCC and Ft. Griffin." Texas Historical Commission. Based on Martha Doty Freeman's 2010 A History of Fort Griffin Shackelford County. Retrieved from www.visitfortgriffin.com/index.aspx?page=876.
On-site Texas Historical Commission plaques.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on February 9, 2014.
Additional contributions by Eveline Evans on April 15, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE