De Pere WI, Former Post Office
The former De Pere Wisconsin Post Office building was constructed by the Treasury Department in 1940. The property is now privately owned.
The New Deal murals painted by Lester W. Bentley for the post office are now located in the Neville Public Museum in Green Bay.
Personal visit on 10/13/2013, 8/21/2012 by David, Post Office Fans Democratic Vistas: Post Offices and Public Art in the New Deal [Hardcover] Marlene Park, Gerald E. Markowitz
Project originally submitted by David W. Gates Jr. on October 30, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE