Fogarty School, Guthrie OK
“Built as Fogarty Junior High in 1938-39 by the WPA, the school is currently Fogarty Elementary.
This one and two-story building was constructed in 1938-39 as a WPA project. It faces west and is addressed as 902 N. Wentz. The building is constructed of multi-toned light colored brick, with portions of the ground level native stone. Above one of the entrances, metal lettering reads: FOGARTY JUNIOR HIGH. It is currently an elementary school…
A bronze WPA shield is mounted on the wall by an entrance, above the cornerstone. The shield reads: USA / 1939 / WPA / Oklahoma…”
The cornerstone is engraved with the dates of construction, the names of many involved and the letters W.P.A.
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on November 15, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE