Center St. Sub Fire StationBuilt in the 1930's and rebuilt in 1974
An article by Gerald Reed in the Lewiston Evening Journal Jan. 3rd, 1935 reported that the CWA helped with the funding of the construction of a sub fire station in East Auburn and the renovation of another sub fire station on Court Street on Goff Hill. Total cost of the projects was $13,846.95 with the city covering $4,396.40 for the materials.
The sub station on Center Street was rebuilt in 1974, and the the sub station on Court Street on Goff Hill was demolished and a new station built nearby on Minot Avenue in 1972.
Lewiston Evening Journal, 1935.
Auburn Town Report, 1934 .
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on May 11, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE