Skowhegan Fire Department
The Skowhegan Fire Station was built in 1904. According to a local news article from 1935, FERA carried out extensive improvements to the station:
“A thorough cleaning of the interior of the Skowhegan fire station is being followed by the application of fresh coats of paint and varnish. The work is being done by a FERA crew. Improvements at the station are more extensive than anticipated due to the fact that money has been found available with which to increase the size of the crew. Four additional painters and four additional laborers have been added, thanks to the fact that an additional $500 has been added to this project which runs over a five year period.”
Independent Reporter March 7, 1935
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on January 29, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE