New London received a new fire station in 1939. It replaced a facility damaged during a hurricane the previous year. The Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) supplied a $13,752 grant for the project, whose total cost was $30,792. Construction occurred between Dec. 1938 and Aug. 1939.
PWA Docket No. CT X1405
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 4.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on August 25, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE