The fire station in Munising, Michigan was constructed as a Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) project. The P.W.A. supplied an $11,124 grant for the project, whose total cost was $24,920. Construction occurred in 1938-9.
The building also housed the Department of Public Works. Firefighting operations may have been relocated.
PWA Docket No. MI [X]1537
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 62.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 13, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE