This two-story Art Deco building adjacent to Cleveland County courthouse was built by the WPA in 1940. It was listed on National Register of Historic Places in 2000 and removed in 2005, apparently when it was demolished. The Cleveland Historical Society intended to refurbish the building as a museum, but was unable to raise the required funds within the designated time.
Arkansas's Depression Era Properties. Retrieved from http://www.arkansaspreservation.com/publications/driving-map/southeast.aspx Museum News. Cleveland County Historical and Genealogical Society. Retrieved from http://files.usgwarchives.net/ar/cleveland/history/pub/cchgs.txt http://www.nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com/AR/Cleveland/state.html
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on August 19, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE