EOSC Athletic Field and Stadium - Wilburton, OK
Contributor note: “Eastern Oklahoma State College was established in 1908, and has evolved over the years to becoming an accredited Junior College. It is located at 1301 W. Main Street west of the town of Wilburton. On the west side of the campus, a football gridiron and red cinder track was constructed by the WPA. Today, the track has been removed and the field is used for soccer.
The grandstands are constructed of uncoursed native sandstone, and poured concrete seating. The stands measure 278 ft. by 14 ft. The stands have three tiers except in the center section which has six tiers. A dressing room area is located under the center section. EOSC has an enrollment of about 1850 students and these grandstands are used actively for soccer games.”
Waymarking: (http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMZ8AQ_Alice_Savage_Elementary_Red_Oak_OK), accessed November 11, 2018.
OK History: (https://www.okhistory.org/shpo/wpa/wpa4latimernr.pdf), accessed November 11, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE