The federal Works Progress Administration (WPA) reconstructed Bayonne’s old East 49th Street—then unpaved—from Avenue E to the New York Bay waterfront. The road has since been either renamed Pulaski Ave. or otherwise replaced.
Financial and Administrative Survey of Bayonne, 1940, Vol. 2.; Table 62 (page 417). Found at the Bayonne Public Library: Reference Room.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 5, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE