Durham Armory WPA plaque
A former armory quartering the Durham National Guard, what is now the central civic center in downtown Durham, North Carolina was constructed between 1935 and 1937 by the Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.) It was converted to a civic center circa 1954.
Plaque on building Roberts, Lea & Leary, "The Durham Architectural and Historic Inventory". . City of Durham, 1982, p. 44-45
Project originally submitted by David Connor on August 30, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE