In 1936, Works Progress Administration (WPA) crews helped restore this pioneer-era cabin, dating to 1866. The log and earth-covered cabin had been built by the Bennett and Drown families, who moved on to frame houses as time passed.
The cabin was originally located near the old town cemetery, just south of the town center of Midvale UT and hard by an ASARCO smelter (now gone).
The Drown Cabin was restored again in 1999 and moved to a new site near the intersection of Center Street and 700W in Midvale. It was still there in 2011 but we did not find it on a search in 2019.
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee on December 18, 2016.
Additional contributions by Richard Walker.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE