The federal Works Progress Administration (WPA) conducted work at Dinosaur National Monument; specifically, at the site that is now a part of the Quarry Exhibit Hall.
UEN.org: “The quarry site was declared a National Monument in 1915. During the 1930’s, a WPA (Works Progress Administration) project expanded the quarry face, but no new fossils were exposed or excavated. The monument boundaries were expanded in 1938 from the original 80-acre tract surrounding the dinosaur quarry in Utah, to its present extent of over 200,000 acres in Utah and Colorado, encompassing the spectacular canyons of the Green and Yampa Rivers. In addition to its dinosaurs, the National Park Service manages and protects a variety of other natural and cultural resources within these expanded boundaries.”
Dinosaur National Monument: Quarry Exhibit Hall: written and verbal sources http://www.uen.org/utah_history_encyclopedia/d/DINOSAUR_NATIONAL_MONUMENT.html
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 27, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE