Devou Park Band Shell was constructed by the Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.), as part of a $97,251 grant to the city for park improvements. The band shell was completed in the summer of 1939.
“The Devou Park band shell was built as a Works Progress Administration (WPA) project during the Great Depression and opened in 1939 to enthusiastic crowds. It continues to host great events and is home to the Kentucky Symphony Orchestra’s Summer Concert Series.”
"The Encyclopedia of Northern Kentucky," edited by Paul A. Tenkotte, James C. Claypool (pg. 267) http://books.google.com/books?id=Zc0eBgAAQBAJ&pg=PA420 http://www.covingtonky.gov/visitors/parks/devou-park
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on May 15, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE