CCC Camp Water Tower Base
“Few vestiges of the camp remain. The site has high potential for archaeological resources. The visible remains of the CCC camp include the base of the water tower and some concrete footings. The water tower base is a rectangular, mortared limestone structure approximately 20 feet tall. An open doorway is centered in the south elevation and a window opening is centered in the north elevation. Concrete footings can be found in the open field N of the water tower, immediately E of the park entrance and south of the park road.
788th Company of the CCC arrived on June 6, 1935. During their three years in residence the corps was involved with the construction of Crawford State Park and other projects around the area.”