WPA-built National Guard Armory - Oak Bluff MO
The Works Progress Administration built the Company F, 140th Infantry Armory in Poplar Bluff MO.
From “Missouri Armories”: “By July 1940, forty-two men were employed on the armory project, building 6000 large blocks for the outside walls on the front lawn of the building site.”
Currently owned by the Poplar Bluff school district and used as a maintenance building.
Wiegers, Robert P, "Missouri Armories: The Guard's Home in Architecture and History," Truman State University Press: Kirksville, MO, 2012, p. 101.
Project originally submitted by Barbara Pendleton on October 21, 2022.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE