Lindsay Community Center, West Side
“Built in 1940 by the WPA, this building remains a “Community Building” today.
There’s nothing more fun than driving through a small Oklahoma town, rounding a corner, and “discovering” a WPA-constructed building. In Oklahoma, a great many are built out of the red native sandstone. This Community Building is built of rusticated natural stone which projects unevenly, giving it an appealing look.
There is a bronze WPA shield to the left of the entrance near the southwest corner, and another shield at the northeast corner. These read: USA / 1940 / WPA / Oklahoma. On the southeast corner of the building, [there is] a large stone cornerstone…
The building is currently occupied by the Delta Community Action Foundation.” (waymarking.com)
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on November 27, 2013.