Clinton-Washington Avenues subway station
Project type: Infrastructure and Utilities, Mass Transportation
Completed: 1936View Project in a Separate Window
The Fulton Street branch of New York City’s Independent Subway (IND) was constructed during the 1930s with the aid of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. On April 9, 1936, nine stations opened in Brooklyn, including the Clinton-Washington Avenues subway station.
"New Fulton St. Subway Branch Opened Today by Mayor"; The Brooklyn Daily Eagle, Weds., April 8, 1936 (pages 1, 3). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IND_Fulton_Street_Line
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 27, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE