Elmira City Hall
Alterations to City Hall were undertaken and the labor funded by the federal Civil Works Administration in 1934. In addition to physical modifications, the CWA funded clerical assistance: “The city has also been notified that salaries of an auditor and two clerks engaged in the distribution of surplus foods will be paid by CWA.”
"Alterations At City Hall Are Approved"; Elmira Star-Gazette, Mar. 15, 1934. http://fultonhistory.com/Newspapers%2023/Elmira%20%20NY%20Star%20Gazette/Elmira%20NY%20Star%20Gazette%201934/Elmira%20NY%20Star%20Gazette%201934%20-%200755.pdf
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on December 20, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE