Pottsville, PA City Hall
Pottsville, Pennsylvania’s historic city hall was constructed between April 1936 and March 1937 with the aid of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. The PWA provided an $82,636 grant for the project, whose total cost was $205,060. The building, which bears a 1936 cornerstone at its southeast corner, is still in service.
PWA Docket No. PA W1280
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 33.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 29, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE