Cody, Wyoming’s City Hall (originally Town Hall) was constructed as a federal Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) project during the Great Depression. The P.W.A. supplied a $14,400 grant for the project, whose total cost was $32,660. Construction occurred between Oct. 1938 and Apr. 1939. The New Deal structure has been expanded into a larger facility.
PWA Docket No. WY [X]1077
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 157.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on April 17, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE