Belmont Post Office (former)
The Treasury Department funded the construction of the Post Office in Belmont, NC. The structure was built in 1939 and today serves as the city hall. A mural titled “Mayor Chronicle’s South Fork Boys” was painted by Peter DeAnna in 1940 for the Treasury Section of Fine Arts.
In 1973, the building use changed and the facility became the Belmont City Hall. The structure was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1995.
National Register of Historic Places Form: (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/nr/GS0030.pdf), accessed November 17, 2018.
Project originally submitted by Hans Johnson on November 18, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE