Charles A. Pike Juvenile Center Addition - Lisbon OHCharles A. Pike Juvenile Center
The Public Works Administration contributed $35,000 for the construction of a new auditorium and gymnasium for David Anderson High School. Ground was broken for the project on December 9th 1937 and the structure was dedicated on October 3rd 1938. The total cost of the project was $70,000. The general construction contract went to the George H. Whike Construction Company of Canton Ohio. The building has since been renamed and currently serves as a juvenile court.
"Lisbon School Project Given O.K. By Voters." The Salem News, Mar. 17, 1937 (page 1)
"Lisbon School Work Awarded." The Salem News, Nov. 27, 1937 (page 1)
"Lisbon Will Dedicate Gymnasium On Oct. 3." The Evening Review, Sept. 24, 1938 (page 6)
Project originally submitted by Andrew Gallentine on March 12, 2023.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE