Thomaston High SchoolPhoto courtesy school facilities, ca. 1939
Originally constructed as Thomaston’s high school, what is now the Center School was constructed between 1938 and 1939 with federal Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) funds. The P.W.A. contributed a $129,375 grant for the project, whose total cost was $286,068.
P.W.A. Docket No. CT [W]1019
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 2.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on May 8, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE