Quiet Dell plaque
According to a plaque: “In 1935 the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) established Camp Harrison on the site [which was also the site of the Quiet Dell Grade School, dating from 1922]. This camp was one of 67 in West Virginia during the New Deal era.” There is now in this location a museum dedicated to the CCC in West Virginia.
Plaque at site.
Project originally submitted by Scott Kinard on February 7, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE