Former Carnegie Library - Provo UT
In the late 1930s, the historic Carnegie Library in Provo, Utah was greatly expanded with a grant and labor provided by the Works Progress Administration (WPA).
The Provo Library website tells us that, “On December 1, 1908 the Library moved into a new building provided by a grant of $17,500 from Andrew Carnegie. By 1924 it was noted that ‘the institution is greatly in need of more room.’ With $59,000 from the WPA the remodeled and expanded facility opened on July 28, 1939.”
The building is now privately managed.
|Federal Cost||Local Cost||Total Cost||Project #'s|
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 22, 2016.
Additional contributions by Richard A Walker.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE