The WPA allocated $3,161 for “cemetery improvement” near Carlton, Montana in August 1938.
It is presumed that this site is what’s presently known as Carlton Cemetery, which is located behind the Florence Carlton Church along Old U.S. 93.
"State WPA Projects Total $10,000,000 Since March"; Big Timber Pioneer, Sept. 1, 1938 (page 3).
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 3, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE