Capshaw-School-Old-PicBuilding shortly after Completion
Project type: Education and Health, Schools
Quality of Information: Moderate
Site Survival: ExtantView Project in a Separate Window
The School was founded in 1939 as part of the New Deal program for Education. Original structure was built with labor provided through the Works Progress Administration. When new school was built in 2002, old building was razed. Original front entrance is all that remains.
The book Rural Life in the Upper Cumberland by Michael Birdwell and W. Calvin Dickinson confirm the fact that the school was built as part of the Works Progress Administration.
Project originally submitted by Carver Moore on April 7, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE