The Works Progress Administration (WPA) built ammunition magazine and made ground improvements to the Camp Conley in Point Pleasant WV.
“In 1940, the Works Progress Administration built a new ammunition magazine, modernized the buildings and grounds, and constructed tent floors. ” (McDaniel, “Camp Conley”)
It is possible that this is the site of the 1957 armory at Ohio River Road and University Lane. True extant is unknown.
"Army Projects Soon to be Filed," Charleston (WV) Daily Mail, 8 September 1935, p. 3.
Lew McDaniel, "Camp Conley," (https://www.facebook.com/notes/point-pleasant-wv-history/camp-conley/10151524761683992), accessed April 2020.
Project originally submitted by Ernest Everett Blevins on April 11, 2020.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE