The WPA constructed the 9-hole Cameron Course at what is now Buffalo Hill Golf Club. From the Buffalo Hill Golf Club website: “In the early 1930’s, land was purchased where part of the Cameron 9 holes now resides. The Cameron Course is named after Dave Cameron, who donated land to the city for golf course development. The original 9 hole course operated until the late 1930’s when the Works Progress Administration (WPA) built a nine hole, irrigated, green grass course; some holes are still in service today while others have been modified during subsequent expansions.”
National Archives and Records Administration, Records of the Work Projects Administration, Information Service, Primary File, 1936-42, Box 20, Folder 350-A. “History of Buffalo Hill Golf Course,” Buffalo Hill Golf Club, accessed August 9, 2014.
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee - wpatoday.org on July 9, 2015.