The WPA contributed funds for a “handsome new building … for the purpose of sheltering the valuable equipment of the highway department of Brookhaven Town. … [It] is believed that the new structure will result in a considerable saving to the taxpayers.”
The building was to be set on a three-acre tract in Coram. It is still in use at the coordinates specified.
Suffolk County News [Sayville, NY], Nov. 15, 1935 (page 17).
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 6, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE