Watonga Boy Scout Hut
On the northwest corner of 6th and Leach, this Boy Scout Hut is located in a park area. This is a one-story native stone building, with an entrance facing east and located in a slight projected portion of the building. A sign shows that it is occupied as a hut for Cub Scout Pack 183. It was constructed in 1935 with an appropriation of $9,806.
The roof is hipped and covered with composition shingles. The entrance projection has a reversed gable. The windows are currently large one-over-one double hung, with a couple of them covered with metal siding. An historical photo taken in 1987 shows that each window unit was originally filled with four double hung windows.
Originally posted at Waymarking.com Oklahoma Landmarks Inventory
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on June 28, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE