Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania: Shop/Storage - Bloomsburg PA
Public Works Administration (PWA) funded the construction of a shop/storage building at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania in Bloomsburg PA.
Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, then known as the Bloomsburg State Teachers College, benefited during the Great Depression from a large construction project enabled by the PWA. The agency provided a $184,604 grant for the project, whose final cost was $584,097. Construction occurred between January 1938 and July 1939. (PWA Docket No. [W]1866.)
Four buildings were constructed on the campus, including a gymnasium and shop/storage building.
According to the Bloomsburg University Archives, “The Shop and Storage building was built in 1938 to house the majority of maintenance equipment found on campus. Today it is used as a carpentry and paint shop and unlike almost every other building at the University has changed very little in the 70 years since its construction.”
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 36.
Project originally submitted by Andrew Gallentine on January 5, 2023.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE