Blanco State Park River Dam
Blanco State Park is located in historic Blanco, Texas. The park offers camping, hiking, fishing and swimming and scenic views of the Blanco River. In 1933 local landowners donated just over 100 acres for the park. The CCC worked here until 1934; this was one of their first projects.
CCC construction in the park includes:
“Park Road 23, Culverts and Bridges, Retaining Wall and Steps, Stone Walks, Stone Dams, Picnic Tables, Rock Seats, Benches, Picnic Table and Bench Combinations, Camp Stoves, Rock Wall, Concession House-Café (currently a maintenance building), Concession Building (currently the group pavilion), and Pump House (no longer in use). The Custodian’s Cabin burned in 1941 (replacement in a similar style was designed but not built; the current structure dates from the 1980s and does not resemble 1930s-era design). The Entrance Portals, Wells, and Latrine no longer exist.” (http://texascccparks.org)
Campground plaque. http://texascccparks.org/parks/blanco/ http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/blancohttp://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/blanco
Project originally submitted by Elizabeth Hilburn on March 16, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE