Although the hatchery was in place at least by 1930, a 1940 publication by a WPA administrator lists the WPA as having worked on the site during the 1930s.
The hatchery does not seem to be in use any longer. It is not known whether any of the buildings still exist.
William R. Lawson. "Achievements, Federal Works Agency. Work Projects Administration, Northern California." 1940: 77.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE