Babcock State Park: Pump House #1 - Clifftop WVSource: West Virginia Historic Property Inventory
The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) built the Pump House #1 in Babcock State Park, Clifftop WV.
Babcock State Park contains 46 New Deal/CCC era resources on 4,127 acres near Clifftop, Fayette County, West Virginia. The land was purchased from the Babcock Coal & Coke Company to create a state park. CCC Company 1522 established Camp Beaver on 14 May 1934 lasting until 14 August 1937. Camp Lee was occupied by CCC Company 532 on 10 July 1935, and remained active until late 1941 or early 1942.
West Virginia Historic Property Inventory "Pump House #1," (https://mapwv.gov/shpo/docs/PDFs/ArchitecturalSites/FA-0165.pdf), accessed April 2020.
"New Deal Resources in West Virginia State Parks and State Forests," (http://www.wvculture.org/shpo/nr/pdf/cover/6451099.pdf),
Project originally submitted by Ernest Everett Blevins on May 3, 2020.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE