Audubon Station post office
The historic Audubon Station post office in New York, New York is located on West 165th Street, between Audubon Ave. and Amsterdam Ave. It was one of many post offices in Manhattan constructed with federal Treasury Department funds during the New Deal era. The post office was initially known as New York, New York’s Station ‘M’ until its redesignation as Audubon Station on April 1, 1947.
The building’s cornerstone dates an initial stage of construction to 1935. The building is still in service.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on August 15, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE