The federal Work Projects Administration (WPA) constructed an amphitheater on the campus of what is now Eastern Tennessee State University (ETSU). The amphitheater is located between the University Center and Roy S. Nicks Hall.
Waymarking: “Once known as “the passion pit,” this area was completed by Works Progress Administration workers in 1941. The amphitheater is used for student assemblies and staff picnics and is still a wonderful place to enjoy the sunshine with friends.”
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on April 14, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE