Aleknagic School Inn ExteriorSource: http://www.visitbristolbay.org/aleknagikschoolhouseinn/
The Public Works Administration (PWA) contributed approximately $5,400 toward the construction of the Aleknagik Schoolhouse Inn in 1938. Built as a territorial school in 1933, the facility initially consisted of a log cabin. In 1938, the PWA built a two-story structure. The facility included a teacher’s apartment, which is still in use today and serves as an inn. The structure is located on the south shore of Lake Aleknagik, near the Wood-Tikchik State Park. A contemporary description of the structure states that “this historic two-story territorial schoolhouse overlooks the south shore of Lake Aleknagik and the Wood River. The Inn has three guest bedrooms […]”
|Federal Cost||Local Cost||Total Cost||Project #'s|
Aleknagik Schoolhouse Inn, accessed on June 12, 2017. Aleknagik Wikipedia Page, accessed on June 12, 2017. Annual Report of the Governor of Alaska to the Secretary of the Interior, for the Fiscal Year ended June 30, 1939, Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1939, p. 61.
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee on June 12, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE